Who is Lu Laoshi? How is she different from others?
Why should I send my child to Lu Laoshi?
Lu Laoshi’s lessons are highly engaging, productive and effective. Each lesson has new learning objectives, they’re planned and prepared. Learning is always active; never passive listening. Lu Laoshi follows through all work done, corrections are tracked. Exam techniques are not to be compromised, we keep your child in close monitoring to mend learning gaps. Though with 15yrs of experience, Lu Laoshi is only in her 30s. She has high energy and focus, an effective Human Resource in her prime. She analyses individual student and advises accordingly. All students are issued with a Communication Book to record students’ performance, outstanding work and focus that lesson. You have found yourself a reliable teaching partner.
Her lessons are exam-orientated. Each lesson is efficient and not just ‘guiding’ the student like a tutor. She is a teacher, not a tutor. She doesn’t give answers but trains techniques for students to apply independently.
In latest MOE PSLE syllabus and SEAB PSLE Exam format: E-Oral, new format Listening Compre and Main Paper. I conduct all classes personally. I do not engage native teachers. Small group private lessons, max 5 in a class. Singaporean female MOE trained Ex-MOE Primary School Teacher, PSLE examiner and marker.
What goes on in Lu Laoshi's Main Paper class?
60% of lesson are spent on Syllabus reinforcement. Laoshi trains Syllabus words according to current MOE syllabus ahead of school pace. Each chapter has an evaluation and corrections done to check if your child is learning well and further revise. This serves as reinforcement if your child is not learning well in school or if your child requires revision support.
40% of lesson is on exam training: 1mth before CA and SA, students practice Mock Paper and goes through Comprehension training. During exam season, Laoshi suspends syllabus training for 4 lessons to conduct 2 Mock Paper trials. Students undergo time trial and train their focus span. When going through, students learn exam application techniques, comprehension techniques, and inferential skills. Technique is taught to them, answer is never given or copied. Students have to grasp the technique, clarify when in doubt, and apply it to their corrections.
· Laoshi teaches from scratch I.E: Radicals, Memory Linking. Radicals: Laoshi teaches child 边旁部首, child identifies it's meaning and has ability to decipher any words that has that radical ‘讠’. Memory Linking: how to remember a word and it's writing. I.E '滚‘ is 一个老公‘公’，冲完凉‘氵’后穿‘衣’服。
· Once the word and Pin Yin is taught, screen blanks out. Students have to bear character image in mind and write down on notes.
· At intervals, students have to memorize Da Pei 搭配, Sentence application 例句and pen down in notes upon Blank screen.
· We cover Ci Bian词辨 (vocab expansion from the syllabus word), I.E: 严厉、严格、严肃、森严、威严。 so students can differentiate similar words and expand vocabulary. Words and meanings are provided in lesson notes.
· End of each chapter, students are to attempt a quiz. Corrections are done by writing correct answers out to reinforce learning and not just writing numbers. Failures write out notes for reinforcement.
· Students are constantly brain processing; processes are actively at work during lesson. They perceive and understand information, retain, and apply. A focused student would reap full effects of the lesson. One with poor focus would grasp first 3 learning points. Regular revision would reinforce knowledge.
· For learning to convert to result improvement, students must be serious in learning and not just to pen down notes on paper (no info perceived, only notes taken). This method is more effective then direct information feeding, where students only listen and may not perceive information.
What goes on in Lu Laoshi's Oral Compo class?
Oral: Pupils are trained on Exam requirements
- Training of Reading, Video and Conversation techniques.
- Strategize to develop own strengths and overcome weaknesses.
- Memorizing of Commentary phrases on Key Video Topics
- Practicing of Conversation for application of techniques and grasp of answer structure.
- Structured coverage of picture conversation content, high value-adding to target full mark performance.
- During exam season, Laoshi suspends training for 4 lessons to conduct 2 Mock Trials. Students experience Simulated individual oral test, PSLE grading System and Examiners’ Evaluation, Correction and reinforcement.
· Monthly essay writing: Students are trained Picture analysis, narration, scoring Compo Phrases, Introductions, Conclusions, descriptions. Teacher individually evaluates and feedback. Students corrections in class to rectify mistakes.
· 小练笔 are trainings on Compo Phrases (Introductions, Conclusions, descriptions). Pupils are taught meaning and application of these phrases.
· Time management and exam writing skill. Teacher devises different writing strategies for each child to maximize their writing potential during exams.
· Students are trained on answering skills for Listening Compre exams.
· They learn how to locate, decipher and justify to derive at best answer.
· Training is based on latest PSLE listening Compre format. I.E. Qn 2 Picture, Qn 3 Route, Qn 7 Conversation.
Tel: 8782 0440